The Sustainable Personal and Fabric Care Asia (S.P.A.F.C.A.) conference on August 28 -29, in Shanghai is a dedicated platform for manufacturers and ingredient suppliers of the personal care and detergent industries to interact and exchange market information. Brand owners, contract manufacturers, OEMs, various ingredient suppliers, regulatory bodies, and testing & certification laboratories are set to cover the 3 key areas shaping these dynamic industries:
1) Personal and Fabric Care Markets Outlook & Consumer Insights
covering: China, India, Japan, Korea and emerging markets like Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc.
2) Innovations in Ingredients for Detergent and Personal Care Products and their Supply Issues
covering: surfactants, oleochemicals, specialty chemicals, actives, silicones and other specialty ingredients
3) Sustainability Developments
"Innovative Ingredient Trends in Personal & Fabric Care: Meeting Diverse Needs and Challenges"
"Balancing Costs & Sustainability Concerns to Meet High-Performance & Low Carbon Footprint Targets
The personal care and fabric care industries in Asian countries are sweet spots for growth. Besides the two power houses of China and India, other fast rising economies like the Indonesia, Cambodia, and Vietnam are also in the radar of many consumer products companies. Therefore, despite the slowing economy, new facilities expansion in Greater China and elsewhere in Asia are coming on stream to meet the needs of the growing Chinese and wider Asian Markets.
The ingredient suppliers such as surfactants, specialty chemicals, oleochemicals and other specialty ingredients manufacturers while serving a growing market has to tackle multiple challenges in order to stay ahead of the pack. Some of the factors in play include volatility in raw material costs, growing emphasis on cost-effective and yet more multi-functional formulations, pollution control and sustainable practices in manufacturing processes, to meeting consumers' desire for green & natural ingredients.
Advances in modern technology and innovations are key factors in the personal care and fabric care industries. Cosmetics and detergent formulation are increasing demanding as the numerous ingredients used need to be carefully balanced in order to achieve the desired performance profile, along with convenience and safety for the environment and the consumers. Moving forward, sustainability in product manufacturing and ingredients is the key to continued growth for both brand owners and ingredient suppliers.
S.P.A.F.C.A is designed for R&D managers and formulators who are seeking inspirations to improve their product performance and sustainability. For marketing and business development managers, S.P.A.F.C.A is a one-stop centre to obtain market updates as well as meeting customers. Purchasing managers can benefit from analysis on ingredient supply and demand trends as well as obtain the latest information on R&D developments, new formulations and regulatory issues in the fields of cosmetics, skin care, body care, hair care and laundry care.
You will hear from brand owners of the personal and fabric care industries who will share on the latest product developments and trends, growth outlook of fast emerging economies and the opportunities these new markets present. Ingredient suppliers will share the latest concerns regarding the market situation of key raw materials, green concerns, new innovations, sustainability concerns & performance-cost issues. The latest regulatory trends will also be discussed in detail.
Held over 2 days, the Sustainable Personal and Fabric Care Asia brings you the latest insights and innovations in the personal and fabric care industries vital for strengthening your market position.
- Growth and opportunities in Asia: India, China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand
- Market outlook & innovations of ingredients: surfactants, oleochemicals, specialty ingredients, actives, silicones,natural based ingredients, herbs, phosphates, etc
- Personal and fabric care product development and market trends
- Updates on legistation and environmental issues: Changes, labelling concerns, safety issues in cosmetics, FDA in China
- Sustainability concerns & maintaining low carbon footprints in production
- Develop essential relationships: An exclusive opportunity for consumer products companies, ingredient suppliers, formulators, regulatory bodies to meet and interact in an environment conducive for business discussions
- Get involved: Make your voice heard and help to shape the personal and fabric care industry in Asia
- Stay up to date with the latest trends & developments of ingredients in personal and fabric care markets
- Be inspired: Obtain intelligence on new opportunities in fast emerging markets
- Maintain competitive advantage: Hear how to stay-one-step ahead by understanding how to balance costs and performance of ingredients better
- Personal care brand owners and manufacturers (skin care, body care, hair care, cosmetic, oral care)
- Fabric care brand owners and manufacturers (detergents, fabric softeners)
- Contract manufacturers and OEMs of personal and fabric care brands
- Ingredient suppliers:
a) Surfactants (petrochemical and bio based, eg: linear alkyl sulphate (LAS), linear alkylbenzene (LAB), alcohol ethoxylates, etc)
b) Oleochemicals [fatty alcohols, fatty acids,methyl ester sulfonates (MES), glycerine, alkyl polyglucoside (APG)]
d) Specialty Chemicals
f) Other Specialty Ingredients (additives, amines, catalysts, enzymes, bioactive polymers)
- Test laboratories
- Certification agencies
- Chemicals traders
- Intermediate & feedstock suppliers
- Equipment & technology suppliers
- Packaging companies